You can create milestones to indicate important events or goals in projects. Milestones are single-day events that can be referenced in task dependencies.
In addition, if a milestone is date-driven, you also have the ability to lock dates on it. Milestones with locked dates cannot be rescheduled and will not be affected by dependency updates if a predecessor is moved.
Create a Milestone Through Task Details
- Locate or create the task that you want to be a milestone and open its Task Details.
- Double click on the Milestone field and select the checkbox. Alternatively, click Edit to enter editing mode and select the Milestone checkbox.
- Add a Start or End Date.
Note: If a Start and an End Date previously existed on the task, once the task is converted to a milestone, the Start Date will be updated to match the End Date because milestones are single-day events.
- Click Save or Save & Close.
Create a Milestone in Plan View
In Plan View, you have the ability to add columns to the board to display task information. These columns can be edited to update tasks, which you can read about in the Edit Tasks support article.
To make a milestone, follow these instructions:
- In Plan View, click on the Plus icon next to the Projects & Tasks sidebar header.
- Select Milestone.
- The Milestone column will appear, which will display Yes and No values to indicate whether tasks are milestones. Locate or create the task that you want to be a milestone, hover over its Milestone cell, and click on the Pencil icon. This will allow you to edit the value in the cell.
- Check the checkbox in the cell. The will display Yes to indicate that the task is a milestone.
Milestones - Visual Indicators
In all views, Milestones are indicated by a diamond icon.