Tasks can be sorted and grouped by standard and custom fields. Sorting tasks in Kanban View organizes them within the columns according to the selected criteria. In Row View, grouping tasks rearranges all of the tasks using the selected criteria and groups them based on the selected criteria field values.
The sort and group options can also be modified by your admin. It is possible to change the available options, as well as add entirely new custom options.
Change Sort Option
In Kanban View, you can sort tasks within the columns by standard and custom fields. By default, the sort options include Whiteboard Sort, Owner, Blocked, Start Date, End Date, Priority, and Project.
You can use drag and drop to move tasks across the columns in any sort option that is selected.
- In Kanban View, click on the Change Sort Option icon in the TaskRay Toolbar.
- Select a sort option from the list.
Change Group Option
In Row View, you can group tasks by standard and custom fields. By default, the group options include Owner, Blocked, Start Date, End Date, Priority, and Project.
You can also use drag and drop to move tasks between groups, which will update those tasks according to the specified criteria.
- In Row View, click on the Change Group Option icon in the TaskRay Toolbar.
- Select a group option from the list.
- Once tasks are grouped, you can expand or collapse a group by clicking on its Group Header.
Move Tasks Between Groups
Modify Task Groupings Field Set [Admin]
Task sorting and grouping options can be customized by modifying the Task Groupings Field Sets. The Task Groupings Field Set controls the options for both the sorting on Kanban View and the grouping on Row View.
- From Setup, navigate to Create | Objects.
- Select TaskRay Task.
- Scroll down to the Field Sets section and click Edit next to the Task Groupings.
- Drag fields from the object palette and drop them into the In the Field Set container.
- Click Save.
Add Custom Grouping Field Set Options [Admin]