Out of the box, TaskRay offers a set of email notifications to make it easier for the users to stay up to date on their work. It is possible to turn these notifications on and off in the TaskRay Tools and Settings.
Additionally, users will be notified about their task and project activity within the TaskRay app in the My Work View. You can read more about these notifications in the In-App Notifications support article.
TaskRay Email Notifications
Below are all of the default email notifications that TaskRay offers. Keep in mind, it is also possible to configure custom notifications through Salesforce setup.
Daily Planner Email
The Daily Planner Email is sent to all users on a daily basis and it provides a summary of their tasks, including any important information that is relevant to the user. You can read all about the Daily Planner Email in this article.
Added to Team
This notification is sent to users any time they are added to a new project. The notification will include a link to access the project that the user has been added to.
Task Owner Assignment
This notification will be sent to users any time a new task has been assigned to them. The notification will include all relevant information for the task at hand, as well as provide a link to access that task in TaskRay. You can read more about the task assignment process and the alerts associated with that process in the Assign Task Owners article.
Custom Notifications [Admin]
Because TaskRay is native to the Salesforce platform, it is possible to configure custom email notifications just like you would do for any other custom objects in Salesforce. Below are a couple of examples of the custom notifications that can be configured, as well as the step-by-step instructions to configure them.
- Notify Task Owners When Their Tasks Become Overdue
- Notify Task Owners When Dependent Predecessor Tasks Are Completed
In addition, some of the default TaskRay email notifications can be modified if needed. This article reviews how to do this for one of the notifications: Customize Task Owner Assignment Notifications.
Notification User Settings
In the TaskRay Tools and Settings, there is a section that allows users to turn certain notifications on or off. Follow the steps below to access these settings:
- In TaskRay, click on the Gear icon in the TaskRay Toolbar.
- This will open Tools and Settings on the User tab. The User tab will contain a Notifications section with the following options. Use the checkboxes to enable or disable the settings.
- Send Daily Planner Email: Specify if you want to receive the daily planner emails. These emails contain a list summary of all of your tasks that are overdue or nearing their due date, as well as include a summary of activity on your projects.
- Don’t send email notifications when I change task owner: Specify whether or not you want to send email notifications when you change the task owner. If this is not selected, any time you assign or reassign a task, the new task owner will receive an email.
- Opt out of Project Team notifications: Specify if you do not want to receive an email when you have been added to a project team by another user.