By default, TaskRay organizes tasks into four Status Lists: Holding, Prioritized, Started, and Finished. These lists can be customized to suit the needs of your organization. You can add, remove, and reorder the status lists, as well as change the default list for quick-adding tasks. In addition, the colors of the status lists can also be changed.
Modify Status Lists [Admin]
- From Setup, navigate to
- Lightning: Objects and Fields | Object Manager.
- Classic: Create | Objects.
- Select TaskRay Task.
- In the Custom Fields & Relationships section, click on List.
From here, you can add, remove, and reorganize status lists. You can also change the default status list for the Quick Add Tasks feature.
Add Status Lists
- In the Values section, click New.
- On the List page, enter the name(s) of the status list(s) that you want to add. Enter each name on a separate line.
- Click Save.
Remove Status Lists
- In the Values section, click Del next to the status list that you want to delete.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog.
- You will be asked what you want to do with records that are associated with that status field (i.e. tasks that have that status/are in that status column in TaskRay). Using the Replace value on records with dropdown, select a new status that you want to migrate the tasks to.
Note: It is not recommended to select the Replace value on records with blank value option because that will make the tasks from the deleted status list disappear from TaskRay. If you do select this option, you would have to find the tasks in the standard Salesforce interface and manually assign a new list value to them to make them reappear in TaskRay.
Reorganize Status Lists
- In the Values section, click on the Reorder button.
- On the next screen, change the order of the Values using the Up and Down arrows.
- Click Save.
Note: Reordering status lists will also reorganize the columns in Kanban View accordingly.
Set the Default Status List for Quick Add
By default, the status that gets assigned to all new tasks created using Quick Add is Holding. You can change the default task status to any of the other statuses in your org.
- In the Values section, click Edit next to the status list that you want to set as the default for Quick Add.
- Select the Default - Make this value the default for the master picklist checkbox.
- Click Save.
Modify Status List Colors [Admin]
Each status list is automatically assigned a color, but the colors can be changed using the instructions below.
The status list colors are used throughout TaskRay for visual reference. Some examples are:
- Kanban View: At the top of every column it is the color of the circle with the number of tasks.
- Row View: Every Task Card has a color-coded status box.
- Plan View: The task bars are color-coded by status (except for overdue tasks, which are always red).
- My Work View: Every task row has a color-coded status box.
Below are the instructions for how to change the colors for the task status lists.
- In TaskRay, click on the Gear icon in the top right corner in the TaskRay toolbar.
- This will open Tools and Settings. Click on the Admin tab.
- In the Task Status List Colors section, use the Color dropdowns to select new colors for the different status lists. You can set colors either by using the color box and dials or by entering a specific HEX code.
- When you are done setting the colors, click on the Save button that appears on the bottom right, below the table.
- You will see a confirmation message appear below the table. Refresh the page and you should see the new colors assigned to the Task Status Lists.