Assign Permission Sets [Admin]
TaskRay access is managed by permission sets. After installation, it is necessary to assign users the TaskRay - Standard Access permission set.
- From Setup, navigate to Users | Permission Sets.
- Click on TaskRay - Standard Access.
- Click Manage Assignments.
- Click Add Assignments.
- Select users.
Note: If you do not see all of the users from your org, you might need to change the View selection using the dropdown.
- Click Assign.
- Click Done to confirm.
Admins may also want to designate certain TaskRay users with power user access. The TaskRay - Admin Access permission set maintains a set of TaskRay power permissions including:
- Share Board Filters: Ability to access Sharing Settings on Project, Task, and Board Filters to managing filter sharing with Public Groups.
Users needing power user access should be assigned the TaskRay - Admin Access permission set in addition to the TaskRay - Standard Access permission set.
Grant Access to the TaskRay Salesforce App [Admin]
The designated TaskRay users need to have access to the TaskRay App (Tab). These instructions will vary depending on the Salesforce interface that you are using: Classic or Lightning.
- From Setup, navigate to Apps | App Manager.
- Locate the TaskRay Lightning App. Click on the down Show More arrow for it and select Edit.
- Click on the Assign to User Profiles tab.
- Assign to User Profiles
- From the Available Profiles list, select the Profiles that you want to have access to the App and move them to the Selected Profiles list using the right Add arrow.
- Click Save.
- From Setup, navigate to Create | Apps.
- Under Apps, locate TaskRay and click Edit.
- In the Assign to Profiles section, mark Visible for all applicable Profiles.
- Click Save.
Assign Licenses [Admin]
After you purchase TaskRay licenses, you will need to assign them to the designated users to give them access to the app. This step does not apply if you are on the free trial. However, you will have to complete this step once you purchase licenses.
Keep in mind, if you ever need to transfer licenses between users, you can follow the same process to do so.
- From Setup, navigate to Installed Packages.
- Click on TaskRay.
- Click on Manage Licenses.
- Click Add Users.
- Select users using the checkboxes next to their names.
- Under the Selected Users section, click Add.