This feature is available to the following product editions:
One of the TaskRay views is the My Work View. To learn about other views in more detail, see the following articles:
My Work View is a centralized place where you can view and manage all of the tasks and checklist items that are assigned to you, similar to a personalized to-do list. By default, you will have three options for organizing and grouping tasks in this view: End Date, Start Date, and Priority. This view allows you to view your tasks and checklist items, change their status, and complete them.
When in My Work View, you will also see a Notifications pane, which will contain in-app notifications that are relevant to your work. Out of the box, there will be four notification types: Task Assignment, Added to Team, Predecessors Complete, and Overdue Task. For more information on in-app notifications in My Work, please see this article.
My Work View Tips
- My Work will organize the tasks and checklists into groupings, such as by End Date or Priority. Clicking on the grouping header or Carrot icon will expand or collapse the section, thus hiding or showing the tasks within it. You can also click on the Expand or Collapse links at the top of the page to quickly expand and collapse all groupings in this view.
- This view will display all open (not completed) tasks and checklist items that are assigned to you. Tasks that contain your open checklist items will have a Carrot icon to the left on the name. Click on the Carrot to show or hide the checklists.
- If you have any open checklist items assigned to you on other users' tasks, those tasks will appear greyed out in the list and will display a label with the name of the task owner.
- You can change the criteria for organizing tasks and checklists in My Work using the dropdown menu at the top of the page. From that menu, you can choose from one of the three options: End, Start, or Priority. If you select the End option, tasks will be organized into sections according to their assigned due dates. If you have any tasks that are overdue, those will appear in a special Overdue section. Other tasks will be distributed into timeframe groupings, such as Today, Tomorrow, This Week, and so on. Similarly, selecting the Start option will use the tasks' assigned start dates for the groupings, and Priority will organize the tasks according to their assigned Priority values. Finally, it is also possible to add custom fields to group the tasks by in My Work. You can read about adding custom grouping criteria to My Work in the Task Sorting and Grouping article.
- Each task row will display information and shortcuts that are relevant to that task. You will be able to access Task Details and Chatter, as well as log time and change the task's due date using the shortcut icons within each row. If you hover over the task's status, you will see additional options for that task.
- If you hover over the box that displays a task's status list, you will see a set of icons that will allow you to take certain quick actions on the task. From here, you can block a task, change its status list, and complete the task. Once a task is completed, it will disappear from this view (you will still be able to find it in other views or in the standard Salesforce interface if needed).
- You can also view in-app notifications for your tasks and projects when you are in this view. These notifications will appear in the right sidebar and you can read more about them in this article.