One of the TaskRay views is the Plan View. To learn about other views in more detail, see the following articles:
Plan View is a gantt-like chart for projects and tasks. In this view, you can create dependencies, schedule and reschedule tasks using drag and drop, as well as view the overall project progress with percentage complete status bars. Plan View can display how tasks and projects are distributed throughout days, weeks, months, and years. Plan View can also be printed by clicking on the Print button in the toolbar.
The task bars are color-coded by task status, matching the colors of the columns from the Kanban View. However, if a task becomes overdue, the task bar in Plan View will turn red regardless of its status (except Finished). The status colors can be changed by your admin by following the Modify Status List Colors instructions. By changing the status list colors, the task bar colors in Plan View will adjust accordingly.
It is also possible to configure and add columns to the board for displaying task information. In addition, the columns can also be edited right from Plan View! You can read more about editing task information in the columns in the Edit Tasks article.
Plan View Tips
- Adjust the width of the Projects & Tasks sidebar by hovering the cursor over the right edge of the sidebar and moving it to the desired width.
- Quickly jump to the current day on the timeline by clicking on the Today button in the view header.
- Quickly jump to the start date of a task/task group/project by clicking on the > arrow next to the task/task group/project name in the Projects & Tasks sidebar.
- If you've added columns to the board, you can quickly remove them by clicking on the X in the column header.
- Expand or collapse projects or task groups by clicking on the Carrot next to the project or task group name in the Projects & Tasks sidebar.